LACF is looking for an energetic and detail-oriented individual to be the assistant to the Executive Director, assist in fundraising activities and coordinate events.
You will be the friendly face of the Foundation, greeting donors and visitors. You’ll also be in charge of making sure the office is organized, stocked, and operating smoothly.
Executive Assistant, Events, and Office Manager Job Description
Los Altos Community Foundation (LACF) inspires local residents, businesses, and private foundations to improve the communities of Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, and Mountain View. Leveraging local involvement, LACF betters the community through a unique blend of grantmaking to local non-profits, programs, and collaborative work with key organizations. For more information see losaltoscf.org
This is an ideal position for an energetic and detail-oriented individual to be the assistant to the Executive Director, assist in fundraising activities, and coordinate events. You will be the friendly face of the Foundation, greeting donors and visitors. You’ll also be in charge of making sure the office is organized, stocked, and operating smoothly.
- Work directly with the Executive Director on scheduling, communications, board of director activities, preparing meeting minutes and reports.
- Greet visitors, answer calls, and provide assistance to community members throughout the day.
- Process donations, send donor correspondence, and develop donation reports. Manage the Foundation’s donor database to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date.
- Coordinate the Foundation’s event planning, preparation, and tasks. In conjunction with other staff members, organize event schedules, select locations, send invitations, register guests, manage vendors, recruit volunteers, project-manage tasks leading up to and during events.
- Manage the office, organization, filing, mailings, supplies, and vendors. Make sure the Foundation’s office is clean and neat for public viewing. Initiate ideas for better organization or processes.
- Be a key member of our fun and fast moving team that makes a difference in our community!
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to take initiative, set priorities, and manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time. Can work independently and meet goals and deadlines.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality and quality improvement.
- Professional, poised, and efficient personal manner. Must be outgoing and relationship oriented, diplomatic and comfortable working with diverse populations in the community.
- Ability to interact at a high level with donors, board members and other volunteers, and community members.
- Personal attitude that includes flexibility, willingness to adapt to changing situations, and good sense of humor.
- Familiarity with the communities that LACF serves, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, and Mountain View.
- Understanding of (and ideally experience with) nonprofit fundraising.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical skills:
- Experience and good working knowledge of using a PC and Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Can effectively and efficiently use social media tools, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Experience using database software or a donor database.
- Possession of a valid California driver's license with a clean driving record and current vehicle registration and auto insurance.
- This position requires the ability to sit and do computer work for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift approximately 20 pounds. Requires traveling to local destinations and occasional events.
Optional experience that could be a plus:
- Experience with photography and/or videography
- Marketing and/or PR experience.
- Graphic design aptitude. Ability to use Adobe Illustrator and/or InDesign.
- Hands on experience with website writing and updating using WordPress.
- Familiarity with basic bookkeeping.
- Spanish fluency.
- This position offers competitive pay. It is a 30-40 hour/week non-exempt position reporting to the Executive Director.
- You would be working between the hours of 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. LACF believes in work-life balance, and can provide some flexibility in scheduling. This position does require occasional evening and weekend work.
- LACF offers vacation time accrual and 10 paid holidays.
- LACF does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff and volunteers.
This is an exciting time for growth at LACF. If you are looking for a challenging team-oriented job that is creating real, positive change for our communities, apply today!
Interested? Send your resume to Joe Eyre, Executive Director, at email@example.com